Monday, March 10, 2014

Putting Out Fires

I swear - I have been so busy since Christian returned from Asia at the end of January… February has completely flown by!
First, Otto.  God bless him… I seriously underestimated how hard raising a brand new Rottweiler while having a 3 year old can be… Him and Bailey are BEST friends, but also WORST enemies.  She throws discipline out the window and I have a million other things going on so I just walk away…
He is going to training first thing in April.  Done.
Christian and I have thought, "Was Monk like this?" and I think that we have decided that he is but this time, we have a lot more than him ~

Next, Bailey.  I seriously am going to slap the next person who harps on "Terrible Twos" I say, TERRORISTIC THREES!
Three to me is the age in which they realize that they have free will and exercise it every chance they get… I read an article this week that was funny called "Three Year Olds are Assholes" and it was all true.  This is where endurance comes to play - you want so badly to say "screw it" and let her do whatever, but you know that won't end well… So you gotta pull your boots up and do the hard work and not get lazy.  Parenting a 3 year old is a war of attrition… and I WILL prevail!

Third, the house.  Christian and I got a bee in our bonnet about doing some projects in the house. First, ripping the carpet out in the basement and replacing it with something nicer,  and tearing out the carpet in the bedrooms and laying hardwoods.  Well, the basement project happened sooner than originally planned when the temperature rose above freezing and water seeped in :(  Apparently in these parts, that is normal.  We have like a 3 foot snow wall up the side of the house and another foot on the roof and everywhere else!  Here is to hoping that it was a fluke!  As for the hardwoods, yeah, we are doing it ourselves.  Christian and I love a good project :)  Results soon!!

Last week on March 5th Christian and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary :)  I swear, I love this guy!  Staying together is easy when you marry your crush… even after 15 years together, I still get gitty around him ;-0 and I am pretty sure he feels the same!

Lastly, as if all of this wasn't enough - we leave for CHINA tomorrow!!!  I am so excited to be getting away with my boo :)  We are going to eat dumplings and Peking duck until we pop!  I see a spa day in my future and lots of spoiling!  Christian's mom is coming to CR to watch B while we are gone… please pray for her - LOL!

Cheers!

Went to PetSmart and someone had a pet pig!
They let Bailey feed it!
and I ate these like a pig...
and Otto thinks he is King...
but so darn cute!
I can't take it...
C pulled his back out so I set him up with one of my sweet baths…
He thought it was more fun scaring the CRAP out of Bailey!
This monkey crawls on the counter to eat bananas!
Bailey was so pops on Valentines day...
and I was freezing… as usual
it's hard to stay motivated when it is like this EVERY DAY!
I taught B to use scissors… she is so tense!
Even though she is bad to the bone… we LOVE her to death!
she really loves playing with her cars and snakes...
Typical 3yo… BEGS me to go to the play park… then passes out 2 minutes out of the driveway...
So ready for school.  She LOVES to craft :)
Running out of room for snow...
our driveway is beginning to look like a luge...
H2O is basement - Boo.
Hardwoods going in!
Lent means meatless Fridays… this is how we roll!
Bailey CLEARLY did not give up sweets for Lent...
Happy 9 years!

xoxo