Monday, April 21, 2014

Georgia On My Mind

I wouldn't have guessed in a million years that we would end back up in Atlanta - but it happened!
After two years living in Iowa, the South is calling us home.

It is crazy looking back at pictures when we moved here...
When we got to Iowa, I had a passie-sucking, diaper-wearing, crib-sleeping Bailey... We leave now with a three and a half year old that acts 13 :(
When we arrived two years ago - we had two healthy dogs - now we leave with a puppy.
When I came to Iowa, I had two living grandmothers, but both have passed since.
When I came to Iowa, I weighed 10 pounds less... womp womp (winters are rough on the body)
A lot has changed while we have been gone, but much has stayed the same :)

This is not the first time that Christian and I have packed up and left everything to go somewhere new.  Right after we got married, we moved to Washington DC temporarily.  Then from there we moved to Atlanta and had to make new friends again.  Then, Iowa.
I have met women that say, "If my husband asked me to get up and move, I'd say no way!"  Well, I say to those women, you have no idea what you are missing.  There is something adventurous about trying something new and doing it with your partner!  And, how could I not support my husband?
He is our livelihood, our protection, our rock.  Each time we have made these moves, we have grown closer and stronger.  Learning the ways of a new place do that :)
If you ever have the opportunity to reinvent yourself somewhere new, do it!

We have so enjoyed our time in Iowa!  I am serious!  People that have never been here think it is some backwards place where all people do is grow corn.  It is not!  Iowa has so much to offer and there are many things that I am going to miss about it.  It is a wonderful place to raise a family, the people are kind, and crime is practically nonexistent.  The winters can be rough though.  We enjoyed traveling to nearby cities as well... Minneapolis, Omaha, Des Moines and Chicago.  I enjoyed all the snow, but I think I have realized that the only snow I truly like is fresh powder in the mountains with a snowboard strapped to my feet :) A part of Iowa will always be with us, after all Christian finished his EMBA at University of Iowa, so I guess that makes him a Hawkeye for life!

I have made so many awesome friends in Iowa that I am going to miss.  We are already planning a reunion trip in Chicago :)
Bailey has also made so many friends and she is really going to miss them too!

We have worked really hard to make this move easy and fun for her by letting her "pick" our house... so far, she wants a yellow house with a pool ;0
I on the other hand am COMPLETELY stressed!  Selling a house is so frustrating!  We are hoping that it happens fast.  I don't know how much longer I can keep it this clean!  I am just going to try to enjoy our last days here because when we return to Atlanta, we will go back to living in a shoe box :(

Christian leaves next week to begin work but I will remain in Iowa until May 7

I am not good at goodbyes.  I tend to giggle and not act serious - it is so awkward!  I put some pictures together from our time here but couldn't find a song that didn't sound sad... If you know me, you will get it... if you don't, you won't :)

We hope to see Iowa again one day... but for now, we will have to see you at the crossroads :)

xoxo

Enjoy the show





No comments:

Post a Comment