Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Bachelor, Soccer, and Love

First things first... the Bachelor.  I can't describe the way I feel...
If you don't watch, this season the bachelor is from Arlington, Iowa.  I was especially interested since I just moved back from Iowa.  I am fascinated by agriculture and and think he is pretty hot ;)

I guess I knew Chris was going to choose Whitney - and I liked her WAY more than Becca - but I didn't "love" her.  There were so many personalities this year that got on my nerves... Brit... I can't... she makes me want to scream with her ridiculous lip stain.  I loved Kaitlyn, but if you are that good looking and fun and are still single... you must be nuts.
Speaking of nuts - let's touch on that.  Christian will be watching this show and naturally gravitates toward the "hottest" contestant... but I am wiser.  I know this... when I see a girl, in their thirties, beautiful, skinny, fun, and she is NOT married and not even close to it - there is only one reason... she is C-R-A-Z-Y.  Don't beleive me?  Test my theory...
Everyone harped all season about how Becca was a virgin and the thought is that she was "chaste" and saving herself for marriage... but I beg to differ.  That girl is DISCONNECTED.  She is not a virgin because she has had self-control, she is a virgin because she is impossible to get close to!  She has ZERO personality and is so awkward!  I mean, I almost fall asleep every time she talked.  Chris broke up with her and she was just like, "ok."  What?!?!?!?  You got all the way to the finale and have NO emotions!??!?

I like Whitney and she seems the logical choice but I have to ask myself... could I live with someone who sounded like Minnie Mouse forever?  Probably not.  Then, she was all about moving to Iowa but at the finale she said that they were "working through it".  Honey please.  You won, and NOW you want to take your time... errrrr.

I don't even know why I watch this show.  It is a sick obsession, but so entertaining!!!

As for farm life - the biggest issue with the ladies has been the idea of moving to Iowa and living on Chris' farm.  Many of them quickly realized that they could not do it and left and others "say" that they can but don't sound too convincing.  For the record - I could TOTALLY do it!  I mean, look, I LOVE the city... I live in it!  But, there is something about that life on a farm.  I would love to be that in touch with nature and the earth.  And... I wouldn't mind just being there with the one I love!  I feel like most weeks Christian and I spend our time just sitting in our house here - just hanging out with Bailey and cooking.  When I moved to Iowa, that idea seemed so foreign, but now that I am away from it - I kind of miss it.  It is so simple and so quiet.  Not that I lived on a farm, but I saw a LOT of farms.
My mother spent most of her summers on our family farm in Franklin Tennessee.  Yes, Franklin... my mom was going to Franklin WAY before Franklin was cool... and truth be told, had the depression not hit, my family would still own the entire town of Franklin!  Unfortunatly, her family had to slowly sell off portions of the farm but some still remains and is still in the family :)


On to the next thing... soccer!  Bailey had her first soccer experience two weeks ago on Saturday.  She was super pumped about it and I was over the MOON!  I really hope that Bailey is as into sports as I was - I just want to be her biggest fan!
They start out just practicing - mostly dribbling.  She is getting the hang of it ;)  I think the first week was hard because it was just so much and she really is one of the youngest ones out there.   Last weekend we had our second soccer practice/game and Bailey did awesome!  She scored 2 goals (we aren't going to mention that one of them was for the other team)!  She is really liking it now that she understands more about what to do :)  I am a proud mama!


Lastly, LOVE.  Christian and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary last week on March 5.  It feels CRAZY that we have been married that long and even CRAZIER that we have been together for over 16 years!  I really love this guy and can't imagine this life without him :)
A lot has changed since he first approached me at a party in Wilmington - mainly that he doesn't wear chains or Ecko anymore - LOL!  Christian was traveling last week but we are planning on going to St. Maarten for a week in April!  So pumped!
For gifts, your ten year anniversary is aluminum.  I could not decide what to get him but found the perfect thing on Etsy.  I ordered it and was so pumped!  Then, a couple days later I saw a charge go through our card for another Etsy purchase!  I was like, OMG.  I bet we got each other the same thing!  It wouldn't be the first time... twice we have given each other the same card!
Anyhow, I got him this little aluminum wallet card - the lady will engrave anything on it so I had her engrave the lyrics of our first dance :)  I know... so mushy.  I really thought that I was going to win for most creative gift until I got Christian's... His was so sweet! (and it wasn't the same) He had this artist find license plates from all of the states that we have lived in and form the date we got married!  I LOVED it!

Spring is in the air and I am beyond ready.  I am OVER the rain and cold.


xoxo

Katie
ow owwww!
My mom on the family farm in Franklin 
First day of soccer!


College circa 1999


loving these beautiful mornings 

Christian's gift to me :)   LOVE
Mine to him :)
A little photo op from our Beltline walk last weekend
Rizzo - relaxing :)









No comments:

Post a Comment