Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Call...

On our way up to North Carolina for Thanksgiving, Christian and I were discussing the year.  We looked back on the pain of the first adoption experience, and the guilt with the second.  It was then that I recalled my best friend giving me a DVD about a woman that she knew who adopted and in turn made it her mission to share her experience with other couples.
We listened to the audio and heard her message loud and clear - BIG GOD, little world.
It really put things in perspective for us - We just needed to be patient.  We are so small, and God is so big - we just need to wait.
As we kept driving, I looked over to Christian and jokingly said, "I wish we could just get a baby for Christmas."
As we arrived in Charlotte, I was excited because I had brought our profile book that we had made for our agency - my dad had never seen it.  As he was thumbing through the pictures, my phone rang... It was our agency.  Our social worker told us of a birthmother who had come in the day before and loved our profile... she was due December 16th... she wanted to meet us the next week... one problem... we were going to Cabo!
This Cabo trip was Christian's gift to me.  I had such a terrible time getting over the loss back in September and he promised to take me somewhere that I could let it all go.  I told him, "I don't care who dies, who is born, or who rises from the dead... We are going on this trip."  I didn't believe in planning for things anymore - whatever God's will was, that was what would be done.  If this child was ours, God would make it happen - if not, we would be tanning and drinking margaritas in Mexico.

On Lovers Beach in Cabo

Amazing Shores

Christian - Always the risk taker

and a full beard... hey, it's vacation!

Kayaking and Snorkeling in Cabo