Friday, February 4, 2011

Waiting

After our first meeting with Bailey's birthmother, we soon began planning more meetings.  Bailey was due the 16th, and we had only 2 weeks.  I had to paint the room, get contractors in to put up molding, we needed furniture, diapers, sheets, wipes, formula... ahhhhhh!
We quickly got to work.  This time we were quiet - we didn't want the same thing to happen as the first time.  So we worked quietly.
The 16th came and went, and we were getting anxious.  Bailey's birthmother was too - she REALLY did not want to have Bailey on Christmas - and I can understand that - but we secretly wished she would!  With the holiday quickly approaching, Christian and I found ourselves having to decide whether or not to go to North Carolina.  Common sense said to go and be with family, but my gut kept telling me to stay - the Sunday before Christmas, we sat in mass and I heard a voice... it was telling us to stay.
For the first time in 30 years neither of us would be with our families on Christmas, it was hard.  We made the best of it by preparing a HUGE feast for ourselves, snuggling up, and for the first time in 80 years, waiting for Christmas snow in Atlanta.
Our tree... Just waiting for an angel :)
That became our fear.  Bailey's birthmother was going to go into labor and be snowed in! But, just as God told us to stay, he also told me to relax.  Christmas morning came, and we waited.  The clock kept ticking, and no call.  I didn't want to call her birthmother because I felt that was a little intrusive, so we waited....
Christmas night came, and we found ourselves bummed.  Bailey had not come.  What was that voice that I had heard in my head?  Was it just me telling myself what I wanted to hear?  As we went to bed, we both felt uneasy.  Had she changed her mind?  Was September happening all over again?