Wednesday, July 6, 2011

There Is A First Time For Everything - Literally

Bailey has had SO many firsts in just the last 2 weeks!  Some big, some small... but nonetheless, all pretty awesome.  Everything from being away from us for the first time to her first crawling scoots, she is really learning a lot!
It all started the 21st when I decided to go to Spain with Christian.  I was really going back and forth - afraid I would miss Bailey, but also that I would miss Spain.  Christian's mom (Boppy) felt confident that she could spoil Bailey enough to occupy her time for a week.  I on the other hand feared that Bailey would completely forget who I was!  As it turned out, I did great, Bailey got spoiled, and Boppy got her first glimpse of heaven on earth!
Christian and I spent a week together in Barcelona touring castles, churches, and eating our way through every tapas bar.  All in all, it was an amazing trip and we look forward to our next exotic vacation!
While I was gone, Bailey did learn a few things.  One was Skype.  I had Skyped grandparents before, but she cared very little - however, when she saw MY face on the screen... She lit up!  She was cooing and giggling and smiling - I loved it!
Her second achievement was her bath time.  She of course takes one every night, but she has never been interested in play.  Turns out, Boppy had the recipe for that.  When I returned from Spain, she was splashing and playing in her tub, and has not stopped!  Apparently, I did not have all the right toys!
Her third newest thing was the pool.  As soon as we returned from Spain on Thursday, we got right back in the car to head to Reynolds Plantation for the Fourth of July weekend with some of our close friends.  Bailey got to spend some time with her friend Sydney, but best of all, got to swim!  She absolutely LOVED the water.  She was splashing, kicking, and even putting her face in!  She was so cute!
As if being away, Skype, bath play, and swimming weren't enough, she took her first little scoots across the floor on the 4th of July.  We were all awake at the lake watching TV, when Bailey spotted a toy she wanted in front of her, and she did it - she popped her little booty in the air, tucked her feet under, and scooted to it!  We were so shocked!  Since then, we have been tempting her with some of her favorite things, and she is getting better everyday.
Her next small "first", was using her floppy seat.  Up until this week, I had been lugging that car seat in and out of the car - well, I am not a body builder, and had to look for another option.  Now, we leave it in the car - and Bailey gets to ride in the cart.
Lastly, was food.  I had decided to wait until 6 months to start her on food because there is just too much information out there and it is all contradictory - so I stalled.  Once we returned from the lake, Christian and I took on the task of homemade baby food.  We went against the grain and offered her some delicious pureed sweet potatoes first... Well, that was interesting to say the least.  I am sure the taste was fine, but the texture??? Bailey's facial expressions were priceless.  Everything from gagging, to sticking her tongue out, to looking at us as if we were crazy.  We are still working on it...
Bailey is becoming more fun everyday - her little personality is hilarious.  I can't wait to tell her about the 2 weeks in June that she decided to do EVERYTHING for the first time :)
Last but not least, she had her 6 month check up and we are both glad that is over - no more shots until her first birthday!  Yay!  She is 18 pounds and 27 inches long - she is absolutely perfect.

Bye Bye Mommy!

Royal Wedding?  No, just shopping with Boppy!

Sticking my tongue out

Lovers in Spain :)

Gelato sandwiched inside a Brioche... I think so!

Marina in Barcelona

Inside the Sagrada Familia

Outside the Sagrada Familia -
Pictures do not do justice.

On top of the Castell de Montjuic

Amazing Views - Christian wishes this was his castle

A Castle that overlooks the sea... nothing better.

Cava - Spain's version of Prosecco...mmmmm...

Casa Mila

Casa Batilo

4th of July - Ashleigh, Teresa and I

Bailey and Sydney

Getting ready for the pool!

In my new float!

Bailey and Daddy

Mommy and Bailey

Backstroke!

Playing with Sydney

Crawling!

Happy 4th of July!

Cutie!

First time in my floppy seat!

What is this?

Oh!  It is terrible!

Stop mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment