Sunday, March 17, 2013

March Madness

March has been pretty busy for us!  Coming off of our Tokyo excursion, our first celebration/event was our 8 Year Wedding Anniversary!  Christian and I have been together for 14 years!!!  We have happily served 8 years of a life sentence together and love each other more every year :)

Our second event of the month sent me off to Chicago for a Bachelorette Weekend in honor of Jen - Christian's brother's fiance.  It was a blast - but I have learned two things:
1.  I'm only good for one night
2.  at that I am only half what I used to be!
Becoming a mom has really calmed me down ;)

Christian was off to Vegas the following weekend for his brother's bachelor party... hmmm.  We will see what lessons we learn here...

Meanwhile, Bailey has been busy crashing her head into things!  We have had a few major head incidents this month...

First, she INSISTS on eating at the bar - barstools are not very conducive for two year olds - but we do it anyway.  Well, during lunch - she took a fall.  Immediately after she was so sleepy and acting very listless.  It is hard to really know what to do but ultimately the nurses and I decided that it was ok for her to take a 2 hour nap under my watch and assess her once she wakes.  Often times when Bailey is tired she hurts herself as a result and the immediate reaction is to pass out!  This gets tricky when it is a head injury!  We survived that one, with a bruise on our temple :(
Lessons Learned:
1. no more barstools
2. I need to work on being calm - I seem to panic and scream a lot when something goes wrong!

Our second incident took place the other night.  I was reading and Christian was with her watching TV - she was running around, tripped on a pillow, and crashed into the couch!  She split her eye on the corner and it was bleeding everywhere!  Now we have a black eye and a nasty cut :(
Lessons Learned:
1.  Again, CALM DOWN KATIE!  I am such a spaz!
2.  Don't take your kids in public with a black eye - people look at you funny ;-/

Throughout all of this, she is such a little soldier.  She only cries for like 10 seconds and then just wants to cuddle :)

Bailey has some new obsessions.  Disney movies.  She finally started watching movies back in September.  Literally, the first time she sat through a movie.  We watched "We Bought A Zoo"

Now, she loves Cinderella, Bolt, Nemo, The Lion King and is OBSESSED with Cars and Pocahontas.  The Cars one is strange to me... She wakes every morning and says, "Cars!!!"  "Cars!!!"  ugh
All this movie watching is ok with me since it is still like 28 degrees out and not expected to warm up until May - but my only reservation is her apparent complete understanding of what is going on!
When she watches Cinderella she gets super upset at the step sisters and yells, "Oh no!" "Rella!"  During Nemo she does not like when Nemo's mom dies and during The Lion King she actually cried when Mufasa died... I am a little hesitant if she should be watching them this young.  I mean, evil and death in the world is normal, but explaining that to a 2 year old is a challenge.  She doesn't seem to understand WHY people are doing mean things :(  She has such a sweet little soul and disposition.  We are working on her reactions :)

As for pictures, I have really gotten bad at it - mainly because Bailey has boycotted the Paparazzi.

We will be working on that too!

Bailey and Monk playing dress up

Getting so big!

Bailey got into my lipstick... turns out she is pretty good!

After our big fall...

Back to ourself...


Wedding Day - 2005


Me with my neices

My dad and I - Here he is asking me if I am "sure I wanna do this"

The new couple!

Just Married!

First Dance

Me and my Daddy

Me and my love

A Tearful Toast

Holla!!

Friends

Cutting the Cake

And we're off!

Bachelorette... painting party... the subject was a "Nude Male" hehe

The gang

My work

Beautiful Jen :)

Pushing through...

Christian's sister and I

Black Eye

What my driveway still looks like mid-March :(