Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Minneapolis

We are beginning to wonder if the rain will ever stop!  Last week we had a crazy scary storm roll through packed with 70 mph winds.  We lost a HUGE tree but luckily it fell away from the house.

Christian finally returned from his 18 days away in Asia and we were ready for a fun weekend as a family and I was MOST excited about celebrating my belated Mothers Day :)  He had a 4 day holiday for Memorial Day and we were excited to spend it outdoors :)

Friday, I started my day with my acupuncturist... I am totally addicted ; 0  Then I returned home and Christian had Bailey and our picnic basket ready for the day!  We headed out to our favorite trail for a run and then walked over to the park for a picnic and so B could have some fun.  It was beautiful out!  We spent a good part of the day there before we headed home.  Later that night Bailey and Christian cooked for me and made a favorite - grilled pizza :) mmmmmmm

Saturday I started day 2 of my "Mothers Day Extravaganza" (as we jokingly called it all weekend) at an awesome little spa here in CR.  It was pouring down rain and thundering and lightening which is nice when you are all cozy on a fireside massage table :)  The spa specializes in teas from around the world so I was in HEAVEN.  I had an AMAZING massage!  I was so sore from her rolling out all of my tension :)))) I also picked up some really good loose leafs.

Once I returned home, we committed to movie day because the weather was horrid.  It was so dark and wet out that it was depressing!  Then Sunday we awoke to the exact same weather... Ahhh!  

That was when Christian said, "Let's get outta here!  We need to go drive somewhere and do something."  That is why I love that man.  He is all about solutions and adventure.  He knew that my Mothers Day Weekend was slowly slipping away sitting on the couch...

So, within 90 minutes we were in the car headed to Minneapolis.  We have a list of midwestern cities that we intend on taking road trips to while we are here in Iowa and Minneapolis was one of them.  I had never been there but ANYTHING had to be better than sitting in Cedar Rapids in the pouring rain.  We arrived and stayed at a gorgeous hotel right in the center of the city.  We checked in and headed out for a walk.  We went to a great outdoor sculpture garden which was a lot of fun.  B LOVED the art and running around :)
That night we went out for drinks and dinner... We tried to find our favorite TV personality Andrew Zimmern (who resides in Minneapolis) but no luck :(  I was totally going to get a picture with him!  

The next day we decided to go for it and check out this Mall of America.  It was NUTS!  I mean, seriously, it is an amusement park in a mall!  Bailey LOVED it - she ran around like a spazz.  We went to American Girl where she spent like an hour - then took her in the Disney store to pick up something fun!  I really wanted something Pocahontas since that is her favorite movie but they only had John Smith (smh)  Her other favorite is Monsters Inc.  - so we bought a little toy for the upcoming prequel - Monsters University :)  She was so excited!!!  I also picked up some of my favorite things... they had a LUSH store and I stocked up on bath bombs :)  LOVE LOVE LOVE

After that we went to lunch and returned home.  It was such a nice getaway and Bailey was a champ!  I love having a family that enjoys spontaneity :) She was exhausted though and slept the entire way home!!
All in all my "Mothers Day Extravaganza" was the BEST!  We are finally back home... to more rain:(

Baby's got swagger

Sweetness

She wants her nails painted all the time -
she calls the paint her "pretty" as in
"Where did my pretty go?'

Out to lunch with mama
With her friend Ruby :)

When in Iowa...

Our tree that fell :(

Goofing off on the trail

"Look mama!  It's a flower!"

My spa day - fireside table :)

Some of the teas that I purchased

Bailey helping Daddy make me a special pizza

Getting out of Iowa!

Road Trip


Clouds over Minneapolis

In the lobby at the hotel - you already know how this ended...

This was an art exhibit... uh, really?  Then that makes me
an artist too!

Napoleon in our hotel room?

Our room in Minneapolis
Going for a walk - Loring Park

Christian has a problem taking my pic when I am not ready

Walking the bridge over the highway... kind of scary


This was the 1st Basilica Built in the US - in Minneapolis

Statue Garden

Bailey died over this Giant Spoon!!

My Love

Poetry on the bridge


Cocktails on the roof at the Le Meredian Hotel

They made Bailey a Shirley Temple :)

Dinner that night with my little traveler

Christian wanted to give Bailey a "sleeve" of temporary tattoos -
this is as far as we got... I asked her to show them to me so
I could take a picture... this is how she posed :)
My friend says it looks like the "Single Ladies Dance!" - LOL
Should've put a ring on it!

Daddy's Girl

Treat
This is it!

Disney store at Mall of America - she loves toy story

She was REALLY into the Legos

In American Girl


Passed out on the way home with her "Mike" from Monsters Inc.

Storms driving back into Iowa




We also got a hold of some additional wedding pics :)


Chatting with the bride

About to walk






The fan - Christian's brother Ryan, sister Kelin, me, Christian and Greg (Ryan's bestie)