Monday, February 2, 2015

I forgot to mention...

I have been so busy that I have totally forgotten to mention that I started my own little side business working as a consultant for Beautycounter!
I honestly NEVER saw myself doing any MLM... I mean, I love people who do... and I am pretty sure that they love me!  (I LOVE to shop!)  I just never thought I could do it and have never found anything that I am passionate enough about to sell it.  Until... Beautycounter.

I discovered Beautycounter through a friend and I immediately became obsessed.  I attended a regional meeting here in Atlanta during the summer to mainly hear what those at the top of this company were doing and just to smell it out ;)
That night seriously changed my life!  I left feeling motivated, inspired, and determined.

Before I could jump in, I did a little... well, actually a LOT of research.  I wanted to make sure that this was a reputable, honest company.  I did not want to get caught up in some pyramid scheme and I wanted to be a representative to something that had importance and filled me with passion.  I am not into those fake, fast remedies or scams - I wanted to be involved in something chic, fresh, and current.

Beautycounter is more than a company that sells beauty products, it is a mission.  This company is dedicated to bringing awareness to everyone on the risks of toxic ingredients in personal care products that we use everyday.

Some powerful facts that I have come to learn upon joining this movement are:

- There has not been a federal law passed in over 75 years regulating the ingredients in our beauty products

- The average woman puts 12-20 products on her body EVERYDAY

- 60% of what we put on our bodies is absorbed by our skin

- 80% of the ingredients in our products have NEVER been tested for safety

- Many of these ingredients have been linked to cancer, birth defects, reproductive issues, and hormone disruption, learning disabilities,

- The European Union has banned over 1300 ingredients from their products, the US has only banned 11.


I was shocked when I began reading these statistics and it only motivated me more to be a part of the change.  As I began researching Beautycounter, I was even MORE blown away by those leading this company.  The Board of Directors is made up of some unbelievably recognizable and impressive names...
 - Candice Kislack - the woman behind the TOMS movements and One for One campaign
 - Margot Fooshee, the president of marketing for J. Crew
 - Court Coursey, managing partner for the investment capital firm TomorrowVentures and
 - Bryan Wolf, Senior Partner at Ziffren Brittenham LLP who is a powerful Hollywood Entertainment Attorney.

With people like this on the board, I knew that it was legit.  I also can't help but be a little obsessed with our Founder, Gregg Renfrew and our head of creative design, celebrity makeup artist Christy Coleman.

So, here I am!  I am a Beautycounter Consultant!

People often ask me how they can get involved and I tell them that there are really three ways...
1 - you can be involved as a client
2 - you can be involved as a consultant spreading the mission and educating people
3 - you can join our Band of Beauty which benefits one of three of our trusted non-profits

I would LOVE to chat with you about our line as well as opportunities to get involved!
Give me shout!
beautycounterbykatie@gmail.com, via Facebook or my website katiecooper.beautycounter.com


xoxo

Katie























No comments:

Post a Comment