Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Happenings...

It's SNOWING!!!  Nothing excites a southern girl like a good snowfall :)  And when you live in Iowa, you get a LOT of snow AND when the weather man says that it is going to snow, it ACTUALLY does!  Writing while looking out of the window at these big, white, snowflakes falling is so relaxing :)

Our big event of the month was our trip to Omaha.  I keep trying to tell myself that Christian is NOT having a mid-life or quarter-life crisis but his behavior is proving otherwise... He out of the blue sold his practically brand new BMW and bought a Jeep Wrangler that is like 13 years old!  Oy vey.
He said that he refuses to go through another winter without 4-wheel drive and that he felt "pretentious".  Whatever... So, we made a road trip to Omaha to buy this Jeep from this guy.
We decided to stay in Des Moines Friday which was half way there so that we could have dinner and chill - that proved interesting!  There were tornadoes touching down all over Eastern Iowa and I was such a nervous nelly.  We survived and headed to Omaha Saturday morning.

Now, be warned, if Christian is sent to meet someone that he doesn't know, he does LOTS of research...
On our way there, I asked, "How do you know these people aren't weird?"  His response, "I already looked them up"  "Well, what did you find out?"
He knew their names, wedding date, number and age of kids, professional career, military career, he knew that they met in the military and that his wife was currently in school to become a teacher...  etc... I'm like, "Seriously?"  Christian takes his government clearance very seriously, even when buying used cars... LOL!
Anyhow, I am glad I went!  This guy was a HOTTIE!!  Ex-military - great shape.... something about those military boys... Maybe I'm the one having a mid-life crisis???
We picked up the jeep and headed into the city to hang out for the day and spent the night in Omaha.

I really liked Omaha - much like all mid-west cities... very clean, forward thinking, and family oriented.
It was SUPER cold - high of 45 with 30mph winds (brrr), so we opted for the Children's Museum for a few hours.  It was AWESOME!  I have taken B to the one in CR a few times, but the Omaha one was HUGE!
We walked around the Old Market after that before heading to the hotel for the night.  Our hotel was super cool - it was the Element and is a subsidiary of Westin.  I loved the modern feel.  The best part about traveling with Christian are the upgrades - this time they upgraded us to their best room which was essentially a condo - it had a full kitchen!?!?!? I'm like, we're only going to be here for like 8 hours... It was kind of silly.

Sunday we headed home and that week it warmed up enough for us to pull the top off before it got to cold - Bailey LOVED riding in the Jeep :)  Here is some video -  here and here.

Bailey has been enjoying playing outside with friends and getting ready for Halloween.  By the way, Bailey has ADAMANTLY requested that she be a "turtle" so I am in the process of putting that together.
She is in the "I'm scared" phase which means any dark corner, room without a light, or Halloween related item is "scary".  Because of that, we opted for funny pumpkins :)

Big things planned for the next couple months!!  So excited!!

xoxo


This is what we are using to get rid of the "monsters"
in Bailey's room 
This bird just came and sat on my porch for like 2 hours
and wouldn't move... really weird.

peace!

morning turkey stroll 
Our hotel in Omaha

Old Market district in Omaha

Children's museum 

Corn is KING!
Pork is pretty big too...



Bailey loves cars and trucks

Haunted House... this did not end well...

Changing the tire on the car

I saw this and I agreed - but with reference to Iowa :)

I asked Christian to get me some "Skinnygirl Margarita"
this is what he returned with...
he later admitted that it was intended to be funny... haha *sarcasm*



Jeep

it is seriously so high off the ground that I have to catapult myself in



Rockin' the pony

playing in the driveway as a family of deer look on... crAzY!

First ride with the top off!

Gorgeous day!

Finished it off with mussels for dinner... mmmmmmm

Bailey and Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.

Bailey is NOT a fan of this mask on our deer...

Fire season!!!  I love the movie the Croods btw...

Getting cold :(

Night out with some of my girls here in CR :)  So fun, my abs hurt the next day
from laughing...

Addiction of the month... cheaper than red bull

this pumpkin is dedicated to Bailey - it's called Cry Baby or "Pumpkin Cry"